Online Cocktail Teaching Program Designed to Make Everyone a Better Bartender
April 2, 2013 (New York, NY) – Award-winning beverage industry icons Dale DeGroff, Doug Frost, Steve Olson, F. Paul Pacult, Andy Seymour and David Wondrich, the founding members of legendary Beverage Alcohol Resource® LLC (BAR), are delighted to announce that DrinkSkool, their consumer-oriented, on-line teaching program, is now operational. DrinkSkool.com is BAR’s engaging, enlightening and entertaining on-line spirits and mixology education program that brings the expertise of six of the world’s foremost spirits and cocktail professionals into easily digested form.
Best of all, DrinkSkool tuition is FREE!
Says BAR® partner Doug Frost, “DrinkSkool is the cutting-edge, step-by-step on-line resource for cocktail creation and mixology methods. We designed and constructed DrinkSkool in such an approachable way that virtually anyone can become an accomplished maven of spirits and cocktails…even Dale and Paul.”
Drinkskool is laid out in 10 Lessons, starting with Lesson One: Mixology through to Lesson Ten: Preparing for the Certified Drinks Expert Examination. Here are five key benefits that anyone – from average consumers of beverage alcohol to industry professionals – can gain by taking DrinkSkool’s 10 Lessons:
- Watch BAR Master Ryan Maybee (and IMBIBE Magazine’s Mixologist of the Year) craft the most important cocktails, cocktails everyone wants to be able to make
- Discover how professionals taste and evaluate spirits and cocktails for balance and quality in Lesson Seven
- Learn critical bartending techniques and tricks (how to muddle mint, flame an orange peel and more) from BAR partner Andy Seymour
- Understand what differentiates a Blended Malt Scotch from a Single Malt Scotch; an Irish Whisky from a Japanese whisky; and an Armagnac from a Cognac in Lesson Five
- Access an ever-expanding bank of new and classic cocktail recipes.
Taking part in BAR’s DrinkSkool is easy: simply log onto DrinkSkool.com. Once there, follow the Lessons, view the videos, learn the recipes and become a member of an expanding community of cocktail lovers and aficionados.
Drinkskool Lessons include everything you need to know to become a pro behind the bar (even if that’s your own home bar):
- How People Make Distilled Spirits
- White Spirits
- Brown Spirits
- Tasting Spirits and Cocktails
- Advanced Mixology
- How to Judge a Bar
- Preparing for the Certified Drinks Expert Examination
And get ready to join the BAR guys for DrinkSkool’s next great iteration: THE CERTIFIED DRINKS EXPERT EXAMS! Coming later in 2013, the DrinkSkool exams that will earn you the right to call yourself a Certified DrinkSkool Expert!
MEDIA CONTACT: For media inquiries please contact: Manuela Savona at Savona Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org, 917.969.1275.